Patrick Vuong is the founder of and chief instructor at Fluid Fighting Systems, a training group based in Southern California.
He began studying self-defense in 1995 and has been teaching since 1999. His studies range from combat sports and traditional martial arts to reality-based self-defense and tactical firearms training.
A complete training resume and copies of his instructor certifications are available upon request. His credentials include (but aren’t limited to) the following:
Authorized Instructor in Pekiti-Tirsia Kali
* Instructor: Tuhon Jared Wihongi
* This Filipino art specializes in bladed and blunt weapons, with applications for empty-hand striking and grappling.
2nd Degree Black Belt in Lai Chung Chuan Fa
* Instructor: Sigung Hal Weiss
* This hybrid Southern Shaolin Kung Fu system melds traditional techniques from Hung Gar and Choy Li Fut with modern combatives to address today’s reality of weapons and mixed martial arts.
1st Degree Black Belt in Kenpo Karate
* Instructor: Master Margitte Hilbig
* Based on Japanese Karate, this American system fuses together punches, kicks, blocks, and joint locks. Patrick was a direct student under the late Master Margitte Hilbig, Canada’s first female karate black belt.
Instructor of Women’s Self-Defense
As founder and head instructor of Fluid Fighting Systems, Patrick has been teaching and empowering women since 2008. His reality-based program focuses on lifestyle choices, situational awareness, and life-saving combatives.
Founder and Head Instructor of the CSUF Martial Arts Fitness Class
This hybrid kickboxing class combined the strikes from kung fu, karate, and Muay Thai with plyometrics and calisthenics. It was held at California State University, Fullerton, from 2008 until 2017.
Student of Pentjak Silat Serak
Serak is a close-quarters combat system from Indonesia that utilizes bladed weapons and empty-hand combatives, exploiting extreme leveraging to devastating effects.